Palstar Inc. R30A Shortwave Receiver
The Little Radio That Could
Most modern shortwave receivers have front panels that look like the flight deck of a 747, full of controls that are seldom, if ever, used. Palstar has taken a different approach.
The R30A has simple controls, but there is no performance sacrifice for simplicity’s sake, because the R30A has outstanding strong signal handling, high sensitivity, and large dynamic range to eliminate annoying intermodulation interference.
Two world famous Collins IF filters provide unmatched selectivity. The radio also features 100 programmable memories, variable rate tuning and switchable bandwidths in all modes. All of that is great, but the thing most people comment on when first hearing an R30A play, is its unmatched audio quality, especially when using a high quality speaker such as our SP-30. The R30A has a full 5 Watts of audio power to drive large external speakers.
High quality basics, Small footprint and Portability
The R30A HF shortwave receiver is a compact, high performance radio capable of receiving AM, CW and SSB signals in the 100KHz to 30 MHz spectrum. Unlike most general coverage SW receivers, the R30 is not desensitized on the LF and MW bands, making it ideal for Standard Broadcast Band DXing.
All of this is squeezed into a footprint that fits inside a sheet of paper. The R30A receiver is also equipped with a 10 AA cell internal battery pack that automatically connects to the radio when the external adapter plug is disconnected, allowing portable operation.
- 100kHz – 29.9999MHz AM, SSB (U/L)
- 20Hz/100Hz tuning steps, synthesized (low phase noise performance)
- Variable rate tuning with knob: 20Hz- 100Hz and 100Hz to 500Hz
- 100Khz up/down, 45MHz 1st IF, 455 kHz 2nd IF
- RF derived AGC, fast/slow
- 4-pole crystal filter at 45 MHz IF
- Collins torsional mode filters for 5.8 4kHz AM & 2.5kHz SSB
- 6-digit LCD display
- Analog S-Meter
- 100 channel memory
- 5 Watt low distortion full fidelity audio amp
- External soft muting
- Line Audio output
- +18dBm 3rd order intercept
- 455kHz IF output
- Switchable 7 pole input filters
- Portable battery operation
- Size. 9.13” (232mm) wide x 3.94″ (100mm) high x 9″ (225m) deep
- Weight: 3.9 lbs (1.8Kg)