Buddipole POWERmini + USB
Compact Portable DC Power Management System with built-in Solar Controller
- High contrast OLED display
- Power management includes current and voltage readout
- Now with USB output!
- User-definable Low Voltage Alarm + Cutoff
- Solar controller for use with panels up to 11 amps
- Increased current handling capacity – now 32 amps Max!
The POWERmini _ USB is described as a DC Power Management System, but what is that?
Most Amateur Radio gear is designed to be operated directly from a 12V DC power source. For a radio with 100W output that amounts to an input current around 25A. That provides a lot of convenience for mobile and portable applications but operation is not quite as simple as plugging into a wall outlet. Batteries require attention to maximize their life and solar panels need to be managed to prevent overcharging.
Simply put the Power Management system looks after the health of the DC battery powering the system for both the charge and discharge cycles, but also keeping an eye open to protecting your radio too.